Friday, October 9, 2009

Little Monkies


I had to make 3 kid's birthday cards this weekend and I was having trouble getting creative so this is a very simple layout and I just made 2 of the same! The third one I did do different as he is a big boy (turning 5 years old!) See tomorrows post...
Anyways, back to these cards....I used the Sock Monkey set which I find perfect for kid's cards. I stamped it onto the circle (cut with bigshot) in basic black, then again in black on the DSP (that is choc. chip DSP). I cut out the DSP image and paper pieced the monkey. Added the birthday hat and chipboard which I inked with craft bashful blue ink which I added some dazzling diamonds to, as well as the pompom on the hat. Mounted the circle onto the scallop circle and then glued that with dimensionals to pop it up to the real red base. On the inside I put a piece of whisper white CS and stamped "celebrate" from the Warm Words set.

No comments: