2 days ago
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
This started out in my head as a camera bag, which is why I used thick batting....however, the shape was all wrong for my big camera, so I decided to turn it into a scissor/cutter bag for my rotary cutters and scissors. I do have another organizer for them, but this way they are wrapped up tight and away from my busy little boy!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I found the little monkey fabric today (I had planned to use something else), but fell in love with the monkeys! The backside is soft minky, nice and cuddly. I am in the works of making one for my son who requested a new soft blanket (if you could see the scraggly, thread-bare blanket he has had since birth that goes everywhere, you would know why he needs a new one!). I think I will make his smaller though. Hopefully it will be ready for his birthday in a few days....fingers crossed!
....I don't mind keeping ugly scrapbook pages that don't turn out so well....but at $23 a metre, I had to un-stitch and figure this out!! Now I have the blue fabric as the lining and quilt batting on BOTH sides! I added some 1" grossgrain SU ribbon as well just to keep the top closed....And luckily my laptop still fits inside even after the alterations!
Monday, December 28, 2009
This project is not finished and should have been posted after the post below....But in light of my "lap-top cover" failure, I wanted to post another project I am working on. I am very happy with it, although it didn't get finished in time for Christmas, I am OK with that! The diamonds are only pinned together, but I will get this finished soon....well, before next Christmas for sure!!
This is what I get for sewing without either one of my sewing experts available (Mom or Colleen)!!!
This was supposed to be the flower fabric on the outside, lined with the blue and batting in between....However it ended up being flowers on the front, blue on the back and both layers of batting on the front side!!!! Back to the drawing board...and no more trying to design my own projects, this isn't as easy as paper-crafting!!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
My little guy was very sick on Christmas Day, and was asleep for most of it.....what to do?? I decided to make a mini scrapbook for my 2 nephews to document our trip up Grouse Mountain a few days before. It is pretty simple (remember it was spur of the moment-had to be done by the time we left for dinner at 3!!)
I used a lot of leftovers from a Christmas Simply Scrappin' Kit (SU) fome last year, plus current DSP and punches.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I made these tags for my sister-in-law to put on the gifts for her clients. She is a graphic designer and I used her business card which she of course designed!) and cut out her logo with my SU paper snips. I then cut out the tag using my Big-shot and the Sizzix Two Tags Die which I stamped with Serene Snowflakes and Versa mark, then used one of the Sale-A-Bration sets from last year for the inside, and my SU markers....
I made this tea cozy using my favorite...."Figgy Pudding" by Basic Grey...fabric. I can't get enough of this stuff, needless to say, by next year all of my Christmas "stuff" will be finished in this fabric. I have my tree skirt almost finished, I just need to do the binding....stockings and table runner is cut, but clearly won't be finished by Christmas....next year though*sigh*!!
I used the wide striped ribbon (from the Christmas mini last year) for the ties instead of making the straps. You can't see it, but I did a small zig-zag stitch to attach the ribbon to the fabric....one at the top and one at the bottom. I am going to add elastic to make it scrunch better, but have yet to do that!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
.....is finished! I am very happy with it. Some of the squares could have been better placed, but it wasn't as easy as I thought trying to remember that the "bad" side is actually the "good" side!!
Cutting the fringes took a few hours and I am still cleaning up strings, but I love it and it is soooooo cozy!
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
I got the dimensions for this box from Angies blog (Chic n scratch). She used ribbon for the handle I thought I would try the wire. The window is made using an acetate sheet and the 1 1/4 circle punch, the box is covered with Holiday Lounge DSP and filled with kisses.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
I am so happy to have found this Summer By the Sea set on Craigslist recently, it is perfect for so many things. This is the same image I watercolored a few posts ago, but this time I used the bleaching technique. Super quick and easy!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
I will be sad when Christmas is over...I have been making cards and doing Christmas projects since September, they are so fun!!
I saw this Reindeer on Angie's blog (Chic n Scratch). She used the Tulipe die for the antlers so her's looks much better, I don't have that one, so I used one of my flower/stems die (sizzix, but not SU) I tried the snowflake punch as well, but this looked better. The box is a 2-4-6-8 box, wheeled with the star wheel. This size was just perfect for holding some yummy Creative Nail Design lotions that I have for little gifts. The wire I found in the "wire" isle at Home Depot and I wrapped it around a pencil to make it curly. I will be making a few more of these before the holiday is done!