Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jack Sparrow at Halloween


It has been record breaking hot here so I haven't been in my crafty room as it is 100 degrees in there!  But I was determined to finish this page I had layed out, when I got home from work today.  The details on this page are hard to capture in the photo.  I used distress paint (ranger) for the 2 skulls, so they are all crackled, also for the "Pirate Rules" torn page I painted crackle accents (also by Ranger) so it has a cracked/distressed look to it.  The yellow Pirate at the top is a fragment from Tim Holtz line as are all of the pieces of grungeboard, and and pin used to at the top.  For the key and the gold accent, I painted them with Paint daubers (ranger) and once they were dry I hit them with the texture hammer to rough them up.  Markus wanted to be a pirate and I thought he made a great Jack Sparrow (from Pirates of the Carribean!!)

No comments: