Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cheers to you card class....

I can't take credit for the design of these fabulous cards, my upline Carrie Gaskin designed 5 cards for the Stampin' Up demo website Stamping Challenge and she was picked! I think her idea is one of the best of the ideas chosen, so I re-created 4 of the 5 cards when I got home from work today and couldn't wait to post them (I will do the last one tomorrow!) All of the card are made using the "Cheers to You set" and "Fundamental Phrases" and each uses a different embossing technique. I did change them up a bit as I didn't have all of the "ingredients" she used. The margarita card is the cracked glass technique, the wine one uses the heat and stick powder with iridescent ice glitter , the martini card is clear embossed and then sponged over, and the beer steins are embossed with black powder and water-colored with a blender pen. I used the puffy paint for the head on the beer (not from SU) it just adds such a cool effect!
I will post the details of the class with the next post!

No comments: